Our office was established in Maghull in 1978 to offer a range of legal services for clients in the local community and surrounding areas.
Hal Emmett Solicitors is authorised and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority under Registration Number 49387 http://www.sra.org.uk
The principal of the firm is Harold Emmett who was been a Solicitor in private practice since 1972 trading as Hal Emmett & Co. Our VAT registration number is 324851853.
We really appreciated the personal one-to-one service and contact throughout - so different from our last 'conveyancing call centre' experience!
We pride ourselves on receiving repeat instructions and recommendations from our clients which account for 92% of our work we believe this is achieved by concentrating on the following areas:
- Providing a personal, friendly and highly professional service.
- Processing and completing the legal tasks involved in as short a timescale as possible consistent with a thorough and reliable work ethic.
- Combining a very competitive fee structure with a NO COMPROMISE approach to quality.
- Using our extensive knowledge and experience of the local area and our contact with other like minded professionals to anticipate and resolve any problems or issue which could otherwise adversely affect the success and speed of the local work required.
- Remaining TOTALLY INDEPENDENT and looking after our clients and only our clients! Some solicitors/conveyancers have arrangements in force behind the scenes to “buy” work from introducers such as High Street Banks, their corporate estate agent chains, mortgage and financial advisers. In return for a “REFERRAL FEE” which increases the income of these introducers, clients are directed to a particular conveyancer who is usually located well away from the clients’ home town. Any clients who are asked to use a particular solicitor/conveyancer, especially outside their own area, should ask the introducer if they will be receiving a referral fee or any other type of “reward” for directing the clients there. Most clients have heard the expression “no such thing as a free lunch” and can understand that if a referral fee is being paid then it will be recovered in the charges made by the solicitor/conveyancer to the client. In other words, in addition to any estate agents commission and/or mortgage arrangement fees being paid by the clients to the introducer, the clients are also indirectly paying an additional “referral fee” by using the introducer’s choice of solicitor/conveyancer. HAL EMMETT DOES NOT PAY OR RECEIVE ANY REFERRAL FEES WHATSOVER. We rely on our reputation to bring us work and if we recommend any other property professionals such as surveyors, independent estate agents, we do so only because we believe them to be the best local choice for the job.
The estate agents tried to persuade us to use a firm of conveyancers based miles away, apparently because they got an extra payment if we agreed, but your local knowledge and personal touch made all the difference when it came to sorting out the problems and cutting through the possible delays.